Friday, January 8, 2010

LB Kelvin Cain Commits to The U

The Canes received a commitment from LB Kelvin Cain today. I cant seem to find much about this kid except that he's 6'4" and 215 lbs and hes from Clovis, California. I cant find any ratings on this guy either on any of the recruiting websites. Im assuming Randy sees something in this kid that others dont. According to Rivals.com he only has offers from Miami, Nevada, Portland State, and San Jose State, yikes! Man I dont even know what to think, but I guess its fair to give the guy a chance. If I find out anything else on this guy, I will be sure to post it on here asap.

*Just watched a video on youtube of this guy and his team and Im definitely not impressed, c'mon Randy!!!

4 comments:

  1. Actually he's my nephew and he's NOT from Clovis. He just moived there last year. Only played for Buchanon He's from Portland, Oregon Grant High School. Teammate of Ndomokong . You may want to do a little better research before you rant. This kid is probably gonna be the staple of that defense. Not everyone get's an offer Full-Ride from Miami. Also, every Pac-10 school wanted him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I did see that he just moved to Clovis so I guess I shouldn't have put that he's 'from' there and that's just where he currently went to school. But hey I do hope that he's the staple of the defense and that he proves his doubters wrong. Welcome to The U!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you think of Kelvin now?

    • Nine tackles.

    • One sack.

    • A forced fumble and fumble recovery.

    • Two quarterback hurries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I was waiting for a comment after Kelvin's debut last Saturday. I was definitely impressed! Just goes to show you can't go by recruiting videos, star ratings, and what schools are recruiting the guy. Kelvin was hungry and probably just earned a lot of playing time. To put up those numbers as a true freshman is fantastic. Keep it up Kelvin!

    ReplyDelete